Salary – £30-40k
Our client is looking to recruit for a Hotel Accountant to support the development and growth of an established Hotel. The successful candidate will work directly with the Business Consultant to establish processes and drive the ambitious plans forward in 2023. You will need to be a strong starter who works logically and be able to demonstrate experience of working withing a change environment.
Key responsibilities of the Hotel Accountant:
- Be fully aware of budgeted and actual department targets which will include sales, covers, average spends and departmental profits.
- Assist and update forecasts for your department where required.
- Assist in controlling payroll costs by monitoring rotas and ensuring they are in line with forecasted business levels.
- Maximise opportunities for departmental sales and other related targets.
- Responsible for controlling departmental costs through careful monitoring and stocktaking (where necessary) and through promoting environmentally efficient practices.
- Suggest new promotional opportunities to enable departmental sales to meet and exceed budgets. This will include assisting with planning, implementation and financial review of promotions.
- Complete all transactional work helping to set budgets and assisting in the process of forecasting -hotel, sales, costs and profitability as well as ensuring appropriate internal controls.
- Must have a strong accounting and operational control background and be able to produce accurate records and reconciliations
- Responsible for payment processing and bank control account
- Monthly Sales balancing and preparing profit and loss
- Responsible for VAT preparation and submission (using Sage)
Key requirements for the Hotel Accountant:
- Previous experience within hotel finance is an advantage
- Previous experience with ERP systems (Exchequer) an advantage
- To have a flexible approach to working
- Team player
- Good communication skills
If you are interested in this Hotel Accountant position and feel your experience matches the criteria then please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Andrew Davison.
Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the North West of England. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.