Based in Manchester
Salary up to £38k plus great benefits
I’m partnering with a Global Manufacturing business to identify a HR Advisor to be based in Manchester. Reporting to the UK HR Manager, the HR Advisor will provide a full range of HR advisory services for all staff across two locations, advising on appropriate policy, legislation and best practice.
If you’re a passionate HR Advisor, keen to take on a more rounded Generalist role, then please keep reading…
Key Responsibilities of the HR Advisor:
- Provide advice, recommendations and resolutions to ensure hands-on support, guidance and high-quality service on all day-to-day employee relations matters.
- Lead and advise managers on disciplinary, grievance and capability issues, ensuring adherence to policy and legislation.
- Record and monitor sickness absence, work with line-managers to recognise patterns and support with the application of the absence management procedure.
- Monitor, review and update local HR policies and ensuring these are current and in line with legislation.
- Work with Occupational Health to ensure that mandatory health checks and reviews take place as required. Make employee referrals, and request specialist reports as required on specific health issues and develop plans as required.
- Updating and maintaining the HR Information System
- Manage HR record systems, and metrics ensuring that employee records and information is current, complete and accurate.
- Advise payroll of required changes new starters and leavers, salary changes, sickness absences etc. ensuring information provided is accurate and presented in a timely manner.
- Assist the HR Manager in providing information to managers to support their roles, ongoing development and to assist in managing their teams.
- Reporting and monitoring of sickness and absence.
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Lead full-cycle recruitment activity for professional, technical, administrative and production staff in the UK.
- Provide an effective onboarding program for new hires, ensuring complete follow-through with assigned orientation programs and establishment of individual training programs.
- Support management by monitoring and actioning probation periods and various compensation and job changes.
Training and Development
- To organise UK training, including upkeep of Training Plans.
- Obtain Training Course Evaluation Forms and monitor and report on feedback
- Support with the Talent Development Life Cycle, ensuring reviews are completed and saved, supporting with employee development activities that are identified.
- Provide local support on training events, and support management in developing staff.
HR Goals and Strategy
- Support the rollout of corporate programs and initiatives such as performance management, recognition, rewards and training to improve engagement and productivity.
- Assist in the development of strong communication and feedback channels with all staff and through a variety of mechanisms to support employee engagement.
Key requirements of the HR Advisor:
- CIPD qualification level 5 or working towards.
- Experience at HR Advisor level, ideally in a generalist role
- Experience within a manufacturing or engineering organisation is preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player with the ability to work with people at all levels across the business.
- Good organisational and administrative skills with working knowledge of HR systems and processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills, practical and logical approach to conflict management.
If you are interested in this HR Advisor position and feel your experience matches the criteria, then please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Kerry Norman.
Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the Northwest of England. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.