Salary up to £33k plus benefits
Hybrid working offered
Are you a positive and passionate HR Generalist looking for a new challenge? Do you have experience of Employee Relations and operational HR including Recruitment and Payroll? If so, I’d be keen to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of HR, the HR Advisor will provide a full range of HR advisory services for all staff advising on appropriate policy, legislation, and best practice.
Key Responsibilities of the HR Advisor:
- Provide advice, recommendations, and resolutions to ensure hands-on support, guidance and high-quality service on all day-to-day employee relations matters.
- Lead and advise managers on disciplinary, grievance and capability issues, ensuring adherence to policy and legislation.
- Drive the development of performance management related works including – informal performance management, talent identification, succession planning, review job descriptions, job evaluation and application of competency framework.
- Undertake Payroll processing.
- Manage time and attendance systems and produce reporting as necessary.
- Record and monitor sickness absence, work with line-managers to recognise patterns and support with the application of the absence management procedure.
- Produce UK analytics and relevant reports.
- Accountability of administering the apprentice scheme, including recruitment, onboarding, salary uplifts and progress reviews.
- Compiling and maintaining paper, digital and electronic employee records in accordance with data protection principles.
- Continuous review of company policies, recommending changes in alignment with legislation and best practice.
- Undertake project work as and when required.
- Assist on HSE matters at sites.
- Be accountable for confidentiality and compliance, ensuring code of conduct and data protection principles are adhered to in all HR related practices undertaken.
- Lead the full-cycle recruitment activity across the business.
- Provide an effective onboarding program for new hires.
- Support management by monitoring and actioning probation periods and various compensation and job changes.
- Promote Diversity and Inclusion within the workplace.
Key requirements of the HR Advisor:
- CIPD qualification level 5 or working towards.
- Experience at HR Advisor level, ideally in a generalist role.
- Experience of working within an industrial sector (engineering/manufacturing) would be preferable.
- Experience of dealing with Payroll from a HR perspective is essential for the role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player with the ability to work with people at all levels across the business.
- Good organisational and administrative skills with working knowledge of HR systems and processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills, practical and logical approach to conflict management.
- Working knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels within the companies.
- Independent and structured way of working.
- Experience of MS Office, time and attendance and payroll systems.
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in this HR Advisor position and feel your experience matches the criteria, then please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Kerry Norman.
Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the Northwest of England. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.