Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager
Full time – predominantly based on site
Salary up to £40k dependent on experience plus competitive benefits package
Are you an experienced Health and Safety professional looking for a new challenge? Do you have a strong background working within engineering and manufacturing industries? Do you want to work for a ‘Great’ British Manufacturer. If so, please get in touch!
I’m working with a well-established Lancashire based manufacturing business. Never wanting to stand still having built a highly recognisable and award-winning brand over the last 50 years of trading, my client wants to employ a forward-thinking Health & Safety Manager to help them promote and facilitate excellent standards of health, safety and welfare across their various sites.
Working in this standalone Health & Safety role you will report into company’s Engineering Manager.
Key Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Manager:
- To promote safe working practices at head office and further company retail sites ensuring staff compliance.
- Assess and communicate information on potential hazards, precautions and required corrective actions to employees throughout all sites.
- Assess opportunities to improve working practices and working efficiencies whilst improving working practice and conditions.
- Co-ordinate all actions to ensure timely completion and report as necessary.
- Thoroughly investigate and document all accidents and injuries and report where required. To make recommendations to prevent reoccurrences.
- Produce statistics and reports on a monthly basis showing any trends/patterns/concerns and any required remedial action.
- Make recommendations and implement Health and Safety policies, procedures and record keeping.
- Regularly carry out and review risk assessments at sites.
- Attend HSE inspections as required and educate staff on safe working practices.
- Form positive working relationships at all levels of the company to allow effective introduction of improvements.
- Maintain weekly departmental checks on Health and Safety in conjunction with the Departmental Managers, Branch Managers and the designated Health & Safety representative.
Key requirements of the Health & Safety Manager:
- To be considered for this role you must have a proven background working in a similar Health & Safety role within a manufacturing or engineering company.
- You will be a hands-on Health & Safety professional who likes to lead by example.
- You will have excellent communication skills and have the ability and personality to win ‘hearts and minds’ of a wide range of stakeholders.
- You will pride yourself on having an excellent attention to detail and be thorough and well organised.
- Ideally you will be NEBOSH or IOSH qualified, however, relevant experience is key as my client will assist you with your continual training and studies.
- You will be a car owner and driver.
If you are interested in this Health & Safety Manager position and feel your experience matches the criteria, then please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Mark Croston.
Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the North West of England. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.