Salary up to £35k plus benefits
5 days on site
Are you a passionate HR Generalist looking for a new challenge? Do you have strong Operational HR experience including ER and Payroll? If so, I’d be keen to hear from you.
You will support the site and Head of HR with operational HR. You will deliver solid generalist HR advice, ensuring standards are maintained and work with key stakeholders to ensure payroll process improvements.
Key Responsibilities of the HR Advisor:
- Provide advice, recommendations, and resolutions to ensure hands-on support, guidance and high-quality service on all day-to-day employee relations matters.
- Lead and advise managers on disciplinary, grievance and capability issues, ensuring adherence to policy and legislation.
- Drive the development of performance management related works including – informal performance management, talent identification, succession planning, review job descriptions, job evaluation and application of competency framework.
- Maintain employees’ records including change of address, bank details, departments, salary and shift pay.
- Ensuring accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information in electronic and digital format.
- Check overtime received and collate weekly data into a format to pay monthly.
- Assist in answering of payroll queries.
- Produce weekly overtime reports, while questioning any high amounts of overtime.
- Preparing job descriptions, advertising vacant positions, and managing the employment process.
- Orientating new employees and training existing employees.
- Monitoring employee performance.
- Providing counseling on policies and procedures.
- Ensuring meticulous implementation of payroll and benefits administration.
- Assist in the running of payrolls.
- Input and check all payroll hours and data.
- Input new starters and finalise leavers.
Key requirements of the HR Advisor:
- CIPD qualification level 5 or working towards would be preferable.
- Experience at HR Advisor level, ideally in a generalist role.
- Experience of working within an industrial sector (engineering/manufacturing) would be preferable.
- Experience of dealing with Payroll from a HR perspective is essential for the role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player.
- Organised and calm under pressure.
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic – demonstrates “can do” attitude
- Commercially aware
If you are interested in this HR Advisor position and feel your experience matches the criteria, then please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Kerry Norman.
Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the Northwest of England. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.