Rochdale – Greater Manchester
£25k – £28k plus competitive benefits
Full Time – Permanent – based predominantly on site with some flexibility to work from home.
Are you a HR Advisor, HR Coordinator or similar, experienced in assisting and managing a range of Employee Relations casework, including absence management, disciplinaries and day to day recruitment? If so, I’d be keen to hear from you.
Our client, an innovative and awarding winning manufacturing business is seeking an experienced HR professional. This is a great opportunity to join a small but growing HR function. Working alongside a HR Administrator and reporting directly into a highly experienced HR Manager you will be able to grow and further develop your HR knowledge and expertise.
Key responsibilities of the HR Advisor:
- To assist in providing a full range of Human Resources advisory services that cover employee relations, policy development, organisational change, and performance management.
- Regularly liaise with Managers and advise on people matters including sickness/absence issues, long term sickness and occupational health.
- Support recruitment campaigns including reviewing and updating job descriptions with the relevant Heads of Department, advertising jobs and working with recruitment agencies on recruitment campaigns and screening and shortlisting candidates with the relevant hiring manager.
- Work alongside HR Manager on succession/talent planning and identifying development needs.
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and terms and conditions in-conjunction with HR Manager and ensuring these are in line with current legislation.
- Carry out all necessary employee onboarding, including RTW checks, references, contracts and related amendments.
- Collate and interpret a range of HR metrics for Managers and Heads of Department.
- Assist the HR Manager in a wide range of HR projects.
Key requirements for the HR Advisor:
- To be considered for this role, you must have experience of assisting with ER case management including advising on sickness, absence management, disciplinaries and grievances.
- Ideally you will have previously worked within a manufacturing business, however this is not essential for the role.
- You will be a confident communicator who is able to build positive working relationships with a wide range of colleagues and managers.
- Ideally you will have started your CIPD qualifications, however this is not necessary for this role. For the right person, support will be provided for relevant studies.
- Ability to perform under own initiative and as part of a team and work under pressure and to deadlines.
If you are interested in this HR Advisor position and feel your experience matches the criteria, then please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Kerry Norman.
Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the Northwest of England. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.