Payroll and Pensions Officer
18 Month FTC x 2
New opportunity for two experienced Payroll and Pensions professional to join a Local Government organisation within their Head Office function.
To provide advice and guidance regarding payroll and pension matters and to act as a central point of contact for the transmission of payroll and pension information to and from the payroll and pension contractors to ensure the effective management of such contracts and to ensure the provision of a professional payroll and pensions support service.
- To interpret and apply legislation and organisational policies relating to pension and payroll provision including third party and civil litigation claims in order to provide guidance and information to managers
- To calculate and provide accurate individual pension entitlement estimates on request by management.
- To extract and collate information for completion of annual earnings surveys, liaise with both internal departments and external agencies when required, in response to requests from the third party payroll and pension providers, requests from the Merseyside Pension Fund, external agencies and internal departments and to present that information in a meaningful and appropriate manner.
- To extract and analyse data from systems in order to provide information to assist the decision-making process relating to Voluntary Early Retirement and Injury Allowance Schemes including the calculation of entitlements under these schemes. To provide accurate information relating to Voluntary Early Retirement, Redundancy and injury pension review cases to allow readily available information to be extracted and presented to senior managers
- To attend meetings as and when required with the Merseyside Pension Fund and other agencies including attendance at relevant seminars, to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the relevant specialisms to enable effective advice and guidance
- Verify and authorise payroll validation including payroll certificate and exception reports to ensure they conform to all Statutory requirements
- To provide advice and information to, and liaise with the payroll and pension providers in respect of any contractual changes which affect pension entitlement
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Andrew today. Medlock Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the Northwest of England. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.