Group Financial Controller
Role: Group Financial Controller
Location: Preston (Hybrid)
Salary: circa £80,000 – £90,000 + car allowance
Benefits: Bonus, Pension
Medlock Partners have recently been engaged on a retained basis by our client, a large successful group that forms part of a FTSE listed organisation based in the Preston area, as they look to appoint an experienced, technically competent qualified Group Financial Controller in a newly created role.
As the business enjoys a sustained period of growth, both organically and through acquisition, the Group Financial Controller position is an essential addition as the business creates an infrastructure that enables growth and is fit for purpose for a FTSE listed business.
Reporting directly into Group Finance Director, the Group Financial Controller will play a pivotal role in implementing effective controls and processes that will improve the visibility and consistency of financial information across the group.
You will also lead the audit process, producing annual statutory accounts and will be the main contact for all stakeholders for all financial matters, including risk, compliance and strategic financial reporting activities.
- Group Treasury – own the banking and arrangements and the relationship with Head of Treasury.
- Group Tax, Inter Company – Balances agreed at a Divisional level the role will act as the custodian of IC balances between Group & HQ
- Intra – these balance are predominantly cash sweeps, recharges, tax and dividends. The role holder will need to manage the process to ensure no exposure at month end.
- Stakeholder Management – Group key stakeholders are, Tax, Banking and Financial Reporting. The Group FC will need to develop close relationships with the relevant Heads to ensure that they are compliant.
- Statutory Accounts and Audit – This role will manage the timeline and provide guidance on the latest reporting requirements fed in from Group and IFRS changes.
- Monthly Reporting will be owned by jointly between the Group FD and Group, with clear splits on responsibilities.
- Each Division is responsible for the accuracy and timely submission on their financial statements.
- The Group FC will need to understand the reporting and classification within to ensure consistency, ensuring the financial statements are reviewed at Group level to clearly understand the P&L, BS and CF movements.
- Take ownership of the Group entities reporting and submission guiding the local finance support as necessary in order to report in line with Group requirements.
- Oversight of the Group’s rolling cashflow forecast
- Balance sheet risk
- Year End Reporting – manage the process with group and the Divisional Finance Heads to ensure consistency and compliance with the published timeframe.
- Ability to take on project tasks as and when required, such as the integration of new entities into the Division, whether from a process or system perspective.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and technically competent Financial Controller, with a proven track record of setting policy, process and compliance within a large plc organisation or subsidiary of a large group.
You will have ideally worked in a similar working environment, with extensive stakeholder management exposure and have previous experience of improving information flow, visibility and communication across a business.
Although part of a FTSE 100 listed business, the company still has a warm SME feel and boasts a flexible, down to earth business culture that filters through from the senior management team.