Role: Financial Analyst
Location: Runcorn (hybrid)
Salary: circa £50,000
Benefits: Bonus, Flexible/hybrid working – scope for progression
Medlock Partners are delighted to be partnering our client, a leading international manufacturing business based in the Cheshire area as they look to appoint a commercially focused, qualified or finalist level Financial Analyst on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Analyst will provide support to the wider finance function that will enable and assist in commercial and strategic decision making in order for the business to achieve its operational and financial targets.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure that Accounting and control standards are maintained, developed and improved to ensure full compliance with Statutory, Fiscal, GAAP, Site and Group Policies and Procedures. To participate in audits and other compliance reviews.
- Provide accurate and timely information, together with relevant analysis and recommendations to both Local Management and Group Finance to enable control of overheads and capital costs and to meet reporting requirements.
- Oversee the Shared Service Centre (GBS) in defining, monitoring and controlling assets and capital expenditure to support the achievement of business project plans. This includes ongoing maintenance of the fixed asset register, regular reviews of ageing assets and close control of assets under construction.
- Produce financial analyses & promote understanding of financial data within the management team enabling better cost control & decision making.
- Compile, review & challenge cost centre spends & estimates, identifying areas for cost control to drive the annual financial AOP (the budget) & LBE (the latest forecast) processes.
- Work closely with the Financial Reporting Manager in the UK to collate, review & present financial data to support year-end financial accounts ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and recognising the importance of segregation of duties within the department.
- Provide financial information as and when required to the R&D mgmt team.
- Support and cover for the Finance Business Partner with regards to standard costing, inventory valuation and variance analysis and to represent the department at various on-site meetings, including the regular operational meetings held within the factory.
- Identify, validate & implement system improvements to reduce reporting timelines & enable cost saving, in particular in relation to SAP Enterprise.
- Develop reporting and automate processes wherever possible to increase the efficiency of the department and enable the team to achieve Group reporting deadlines.
- Responsible for key areas of the balance sheet, primarily around fixed assets, accruals and prepayments, supervising others to assist in posting journals etc.
- Key point of contact for Group reporting purposes, uploading data to Hyperion and HFM as required and providing clear and concise commentaries for the Corporate Accounting teams.
- Develop SOPs to cover all aspects of the role and ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Involvement, where necessary, in ad hoc projects required by the business to support its strategic objectives.
- CIMA or ACCA qualified or equivalent.
- Understanding and experience of manufacturing accounting.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good quality presentation of information to Senior Management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications especially Excel.
- Effective organisational skills.
- Ability to undertake tasks from outset to completion.
- Accomplished analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and ability to work under own initiative.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working within a Manufacturing organisation and have a clear understanding of how a production facility operates from a financial perspective.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially focused, ambitious finance professional to progress their career in a successful, global organisation that provides a supportive working environment with progression opportunities
Working knowledge of SAP or similar is also desirable.