Role: Financial Controller
Location: Cheshire (hybrid)
Salary: circa £90,000 + car allowance
Benefits: Bonus, Pension
Following a recent restructure, Medlock Partners are delighted to be assisting our client, a fast-paced global service provider based in the Cheshire area as they look to appoint an experienced Financial Controller in a newly created role.
Reporting directly into the CFO, the Financial Controller will manage the financial control team, setting up policies and procedures in line with company guidelines and reporting standards.
You will also lead the audit process, producing annual statutory accounts and will be the main contact for all stakeholders for all financial matters, including risk, compliance and strategic financial reporting activities.
- Responsible for delivering high quality financial advice and statutory accounts in compliance with IFRS technical standards and regulatory requirements for the legal entities supporting the wider business.
- Establishing a financial control framework and maintaining robust internal control systems to safeguard company assets and ensure compliance with policy and procedures.
- Cash flow and treasury management to ensure the company’s liquidity needs are met and optimising working capital. Liaising with the wider group, requesting and agreeing internal funding to support business requirements.
- Coordinate with group when ensuring compliance with Tax regulations and group tax advisors to ensure accurate tax filings.
- Leading external auditors and stakeholder management requirements to meet all required audit standards.
- Develop, control, and implement all financial systems, maintain accurate and integrity around fraud risk controls and compliance.
- Manage a busy Financial Operations function ensuring the highest standard of transactional processing is automated efficiently, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Expenses, and setting standards and strong policy across the wider business.
- Staying updated with technical changes to accounting standards and regulatory compliance, whilst ensuring integrity with regard to company’s balance sheets.
- Recognised Accountancy professional qualification, and membership of professional bodies preferably but not limited to CIMA, ACCA or ICAEW
- Extensive experience as Financial Controller within a similar role
- Proven track record of setting up policy, procedures within a fast-paced complex organisation
- Up to date working experience, implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Managing and developing a large finance team
- Proven track record of continuous improvement with specific financial process development
- Have an excellent eye for detail whilst acting strategically with strong decision-making capabilities
- Experience of financial system development, identifying areas for improvement and driving change
- Ability to challenge the “status quo”, proven ability to recommend and initiate process improvement and change
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and technically competent Financial Controller, with a proven track record of managing a finance team, setting policy and implementing robust financial processes. Candidates who have worked within a large complex organisation in sectors such as Construction, Energy, Utilities, Recycling or Transport will be of significant interest.
This amazing opportunity will suit a senior finance professional that is looking for an opportunity to put their own stamp on the organisation, supporting the CFO at a pivotal stage in trajectory and future success of the business.
If you desire a role that will allow you to make a real difference and have an immediate impact, please do not hesitate to contact me.