Payroll and Benefits Advisor
Payroll and Benefits Advisor
Full Time (Hybrid)
Paying £30,000 – £34,000
Our client is looking to hire a payroll generalist that thrives in a fast paced and ever-changing environment. Working as part of a small team to provide an effective and efficient Payroll and Benefits service to 1,300 employees across UK & Ireland. Processing of 9 monthly payrolls, ensuring that employees are paid accurately and on time, complying with statutory requirements, best practice and payment deadlines. Responds to requests, queries and issues raised in a professional, helpful and efficient manner, working alongside your colleagues to drive a quality service. You will be part of a collaborative, fun HR Shared Services environment providing best in class payroll advice and support to a growing business.
Key responsibilities of the Payroll and Benefits Advisor:
- Be the first point of contact for all payroll and benefit queries, providing high quality advice and excellent customer service to employees and managers
- Handles complex payroll queries and providing timely, detailed feedback and updates to stakeholders.
- Intermediate excel skills essential, confident to produce manual calculations as needed.
- Ensures all fixed and variable payroll elements are accurate each month and fully checked for payroll system accuracy. The payroll system is integrated with the HRIS system for people changes, manual processing and calculation for variable pay elements only.
- Run and check pre-commit reports and enter corrections as necessary within payroll cut off dates
- Prioritise and actions daily and recurring tasks to meet SLAs
- Ensures compliance with internal controls, reviewing and improving processes to reduce, mitigate or remove risk.
- Reviews current processes and make suggestions to improve employee lifecycle processes impacting payroll are effective and result in an excellent customer experience and improved business performance.
- Ensures confidentiality at all times and manages data security to the highest standard in line with all GDPR requirements
- Ensures all payroll processes and procedures are accurately documented, updated regularly in line with best practice and statutory requirements.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current statutory and legislative compliance, keeping abreast of all changes through publications, websites and seminars.
- Administers the company benefits and pension schemes
- Administers P11ds and HMRC submissions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists with Invoice processing and Vendor management for the payroll department.
Key requirements for the Payroll and Benefits Advisor:
- Payroll processing experience in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to explain complex information in a straightforward and easily understood manner
- Intermediate Excel skills, comfortable with vLookup, pivot tables and formulas
- Experience of manual tax and pay calculations
- Customer focussed with strong problem-solving approach
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- CIPP qualification desirable but not essential
- Experience of benefits administration desirable but not essential
If you are interested in this position and feel your experience matches the criteria then please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Andrew Davison.
Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the North West of England. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.