Finance Business Partner
Role: Finance Business Partner
Salary – £60,000 – £70,000 + comprehensive suite of benefits including bonus
Medlock Partners have recently been engaged by our client, an International Professional Service business with offices in the Warrington area as they look to appoint a commercially focused Finance Business Partner on a permanent basis.
The Finance Business Partner will focus on a specific part of the business and will be responsible for the production and development of management information and the provision of senior level financial support to 2 business units. Reporting to the Head Of Finance, The Finance Business Partner will be responsible for the management and development of 3 team members, taking the lead on financial management reporting, planning and budgeting.
- Production of monthly financials to support dashboard reporting including KPIs, the provision of monthly contract reports and preparation of tender pricing.
- To ensure consolidated, robust financial data is available for monthly reporting, quarterly forecasting, corporate 5 year plans and annual budgets for the business units, including investment and cash forecasting.
- Act as a senior point of contact between finance and the business to add value in decision making process.
- Contribute significantly to the business drive for efficiencies through the development and management of meaningful KPIs and input into key projects and workstreams.
- Lead financial support to the business lines, with particular emphasis on quality business cases for investments.
- Leading on the preparation and delivery of the month end reporting process for business units.
- Develop financial systems for business units.
- To work with finance team colleagues to drive efficient and streamlined consolidation of finance reports.
- To provide management accounts support to other functional areas as required.
- Support Head of Finance in developing team members, building a talent pipeline to support the succession of the wider finance team.
- Support Head of Finance in reporting and developing reporting requirements
- Lead and direct finance team and delegate work activities and responsibilities to deliver specific goals, ensuring agreed strategy, policies and business plans are implemented.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to the organisation according to own area and solve any problems that arise, either personally or through delegation to appropriate team members. Manage relationships with stakeholders.
- Undertake projects as required by the company and lead on or contribute to a range of projects and assignments, working with different functional teams.
The candidate will have previously worked in a Management Accountant / Finance Business Partnering role, ideally within a large project-based organisation or similar. You will have previous experience of managing and controlling budgets, resources and developing management accounts information.
You will have a proven track record of improving financial reporting, working closely with stakeholders, identifying areas in need of improvement and implementing robust financial processes.
You will be comfortable with challenging the “status quo” where necessary, offering viable solutions and driving these initiatives forward.
Candidates will have ideally worked within Nuclear, Construction, Utilities, Engineering or Transport industries.
The successful candidate will join a friendly, professional working environment and enjoy full autonomy, as well as the opportunity to immerse themselves within a number of interesting projects.