Assistant Management Accountant
Excellent opportunity for an ambitious Assistant Management Accountant to join the Group Finance team of a large, global Law Firm. Working from their prestigious offices in Leeds on a hybrid basis you will benefit from the support and development of an excellent team and manager.
The Group Finance team supports and drives the financial success of firm. They deliver first class service to their stakeholders and the are looking for someone that is comfortable communicating with non-finance staff.
The Assistant Management Accountant principally supports the Business Services Finance Accountant in producing accurate and timely management accounts, delivering financial management information to key stakeholders, and business partnering with operational colleagues where appropriate to drive commercial decision-making.
The role has autonomy and the jobholder is expected to demonstrate a good working knowledge of fundamental accounting concepts, including but not limited to accruals and prepayments, double-entry bookkeeping, budgeting and forecasting, and balance sheet reconciliations. The Assistant Management Accountant is also able to articulate financial information to both finance and non-finance colleagues in a confident and approachable manner.
The following list is not exhaustive but gives a flavour of the duties the Assistant Accountant undertakes:
- Assist with, and own where appropriate, management accounting adjustments and controls (accruals, prepayments, general adjustments, reconciliations)
- Assist with, and own where appropriate, the production of accurate and timely management accounts (profit and loss, balance sheet) and resulting variance analysis
- Assist with, and own where appropriate, the delivery of financial management information to both finance and non-finance colleagues
- Assist with, and own where appropriate, commercial support to operational colleagues to ensure understanding of financial performance, and to help drive commercial decision making
- Assist with, and own where appropriate, the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes for Business Services Functions, working with budget holders to understand operational and financial performance, including risks and opportunities
- Assist with, and own where appropriate, budgetary approval of purchase orders and the supporting of the Accounts Payable team with the processing of supplier invoices
- Assist with, and own where appropriate, firmwide cost allocations (mobile phone recharges, Document Production recharges, and other centrally distributed costs)
The successful applicant will have previous experience gained within a finance capacity, ideally with exposure to basic management accounting processes. You will either be an active CIMA studier or have completed AAT and looking to progress your career further. They are looking for someone with strong Excel skills, with good working knowledge of basic formulas and functions (VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Pivot tables etc.)
In return you will benefit from the support of an excellent manager committed to your further development as you progress through professional studies. Flexible and agile working is on offer with a 2 day office 3 flexi policy. Life assurance & income protection as well as a competitive employer matched pension contribution rate. Other benefits include;
- Health and wellbeing subsidy, up to £180 per year
- One day per year to volunteer (as part of our CSR initiative)
- Buy/sell holidays (up to 5 days each year)
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives such as The Mindful Business Charter, Mental Health Champions and 1:1 sessions with an in-house professional
- Talent referral bonus incentives
- Excellence awards for the recognition of exceptional effort
- Opt in private medical and private dental insurance
- Opt in annual health screening
- Voluntary critical illness cover
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
For more information on this role, please forward your CV to Martin today. Medlock Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the Northwest of England. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion