Finance Business Partner
Excellent newly created role for a Finance Business Partner / Site Accountant to join a FTSE business in a commercially focused role at a new purpose-built site.
Reporting to the Site Finance Manager, they are looking for a Finance Business Partner to work at their new Distribution Centre in Stafford, and thye can offer hybrid working from this location on a 3/2 day split.
As Finance Business Partner, you’ll hold responsibility for business partnering with their Distribution Site management team, offering financial support to key stakeholders that include Director of Distribution and Logistics, Site general manager and Head of Finance Transformation colleagues. You’ll drive action and ensure that decision making within the team is facilitated and influenced through financial analysis.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established function that is transitioning into a new operating site. You’ll be able to really add value and have your voice heard. You’ll be empowered and trusted to enhance decision making across our finance function with a focus on optimising the site output, both now and in the future.
- As we transition our 3 current Distribution sites into a single site based in Redhill, Stafford over the next 18 months, your role in identifying and planning for ongoing exceptional costs will be crucial. Taking ownership of the current colleague provisions for retention / redundancy will be expected, and signposting variances via the R&Os and Forecasting processes will be key.
- You will ultimately be responsible for producing the weekly / monthly finance and KPI reports for our Distribution sites, supported by an assistant accountant, that enables Distribution to operate at optimum capabilities
- Supporting the Distribution finance team in preparing regular budgeting / reforecasting submissions, as well as having an input into our Total Company rolling 5 year strategic plan
- Responsible for the month end management accounts for Distribution, hence experience of balance sheets, accruals and prepayments is essential
- Experience of capital investments and appropriate ROI calculations will be required, as the new Distribution centre continues to build towards full operational capacities
- Management responsibility for one colleague and supporting their development whilst they work their way through CIMA study.
- Conduct deep dive analysis on parts of the operation that are below targets, and challenge / support the operational team to derive solutions to the problems
The successful applicant will be Part Qualified or Newly Qualified and looking to develop their career further within a market leading FTSE business. You will receive a great benefits package along with the platform to make a name for yourself with key stakeholders across the business. 10% annual Bonus and Pension to name but a few benefits.
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Martin today. For more information on this role, please forward your CV to Martin today. Medlock Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the Northwest of England. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion