HR Operations Manager
HR Operations Manager
Fixed Term Contract – 18 months
Full time – flexible and hybrid working offered (1 – 2 days in the office per week)
Salary up to £40,000 depending on experience plus competitive benefits package.
My client, a large not-for-profit organisation based in Manchester city centre is looking to appoint a HR Manager or Senior HR Advisor.
Reporting into the Head of HR and assisting an experienced HR Operations Team Leader, you will lead and develop a team of HR Assistants and HR Administrators in the effective and efficient processing of the employee life cycle.
Working closely with HR Business Partners, Organisational Development, L&D, Senior Stakeholders and third-party providers you will play an integral part in a number of organisation wide HR change management projects. This includes the update, development and improvement of various systems.
This is a varied and highly rewarding role which offers a fantastic opportunity to get involved in a wide range of key HR activities and projects.
Key responsibilities of the HR Operations Manager:
- Lead the team in ensuring they provide professional, high quality and compliant HR advice, guidance, support and information.
- Develop and lead on the production of HR metrics which are produced and developed as required by the business.
- Monitor service performance and identify areas of continuous improvement or added value in relation to all Recruitment and HR transactional systems, processes and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all pre-employment checks in line with safer recruitment guidance, including, but not limited to: DBS, references, qualifications, right to work and social media checks.
- Undertake and develop testing of upgrades, new system modules or improvements; liaising with the internal IT team or system provider on any inconsistencies and failures affecting the day to day operation of the HR & Recruitment team.
- Develop HR Service Desk related metrics and produce MI to establish required improvements.
- Review, update and improve a wide range of processes and procedures.
- Liaise with third party providers and senior internal stakeholders.
Key requirements for the HR Operations Manager:
- It is essential that you are an experienced HR professional who has previously worked in a similar position managing and developing people.
- You must be confident and experienced influencer who prides yourself on being able to multi-task.
- You will ideally have led on change management projects, including systems upgrades and reviewed and updated policies and procedures.
- Ideally you will have a mixture of both public sector/not-for-profit with commercial experience. However, this is not essential.
- Ideally you will be degree or CIPD qualified or part qualified, however relevant experience is key for the successful candidate.
- You will have a solid understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion issues.
- You will be strong communicator who likes to challenge the status quo.
If you are interested in this HR Operations Manager position and you feel your experience matches the criteria, please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Mark Croston.
Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the North West of England. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.