Medlock Partners are delighted to be partnering our client, a large multi-national Manufacturing business as they look to recruit an ambitious part/recently qualified finance professional in a newly created role Tax Accountant role.
Based at their head offices in Cheshire and reporting to the UK Tax Manager, the Tax Accountant will primarily develop their role within the Tax department however, will have full exposure and access to the wider group finance function.
- Preparation of the UK year end provision workings for inclusion in the Group’s accounts including interaction the tax audit team.
- Assist with the preparation of the UK corporation tax returns including Corporate Interest restrictions, Controlled Foreign Companies and group relief / loss planning.
- Preparation of corporation tax payments on account.
- Involvement in transfer pricing workings and documentation for the worldwide Group.
- Undertaking technical research to support various tax and accounting projects.
- Supporting the Group Finance Team with month end and management accounts procedures.
- Assistance with statutory reporting and year end audit where necessary.
- Involvement in ad-hoc Group Finance projects to support the developing needs of the group.
Experience and skills:
- A qualified (or partly qualified) accountant with a strong tax experience and background. General accounting experience would be preferable but not essential.
- A good team player who is self-motivated and driven, to continually improve processes and seek new challenges.
- Commercially astute, curious and enthusiastic with a can do attitude and an appetite to get involved in all areas of the business.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to different situations and an interest and willingness to learn and pick up things outside of their core tax specialism.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of other tax specialities is desirable but not essential.
The ideal candidate will be a newly or partly qualified accountant, with an interest in expanding on both their tax and general group accounting experience within a commercial business environment.
You will join a friendly, stable finance team that offers a flexible, friendly working environment with un-paralleled progression opportunities within the Tax department or group finance function.