Commercial Finance Analyst – Operations
I am on the lookout for a dynamic and driven individual to join the Business Partnering team as a Commercial Finance Analyst for a large Private Equity backed business on a journey to IPO.
As a key player in the business, you will be responsible for extracting actionable insights from the data generated by the company, contributing to informed decision-making that will drive growth, profitability, and overall performance. You will be responsible for adding value for stakeholders across a £500m t/o business unit.
- Financial Analysis: Dive deep into business performance data, creating intricate financial models and pinpointing the key drivers for sales and margin. Manage working capital effectively across the business.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Take charge of budget and forecast preparation, identify variances, and analyze trends to provide valuable recommendations to senior management.
- Commercial Strategy: Collaborate closely with business stakeholders, offering financial insights that support the development and execution of commercial strategies and initiatives.
- Performance Reporting: Develop and produce regular reports on business performance, providing insights on inventory and other crucial working capital areas.
- Risk Management: Identify and analyze business risks, offering recommendations for effective risk mitigation and management.
Qualifications and Experience:
They are seeking individuals with a finance qualification (CIMA/ACCA) or those actively working towards it. Previous experience in a multi-site business and handling a large quantity of product lines is highly beneficial, particularly in areas such as gross trading margin and rebates receivable from suppliers.
The successful Finance Business Partner will benefit from;
- Competitive Rates of Pay: Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary.
- Generous Annual Leave: Enjoy 24 days of annual leave, in addition to recognized public and bank holidays.
- Performance Bonuses: Company attendance and performance bonuses will be part of your reward package.
- Pension Scheme: Benefit from the company pension scheme in line with auto-enrolment.
- Employee Benefits: Receive death in service benefits and staff discounts on items purchased from any of the nationwide branches.
- Career Development: Scope for career progression and personal development opportunities.
- Team Culture: Be part of a supportive and collaborative team where individuality is embraced, and everyone contributes to the success of the business.
- Flexible Working: Start your journey with an office-based induction, followed by discussions on flexible working arrangements. Join a team where the majority works two days per week in the office however some work one day a month.
If you are an enthusiastic and positive individual with a finance background and a desire to contribute to the success of a dynamic company, I would love to hear from you. Join their growing commercial team of circa 8 Finance Business Partners in the Oxford office. Embrace the opportunity for personal and professional growth while enjoying the perks of a supportive work environment. Apply now and be more than just a number – be a valued member of a growing and exciting team.
Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the country. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.