Our client is looking to recruit a Credit Controller to support the management team in processing and monitoring accounts and provide a customer service and credit control function to ensure the prompt collection of sales ledger accounts via telephone, email, and letters. You will be part of an experienced Finance team and have full support of the business.
Key responsibilities of the Credit Controller:
- Uploading bank statements and allocating card and cash receipts to debtor’s ledger
- Performing often complex reconciliations of debtor’s accounts using Excel and often needing to liaise with other departments
- Reviewing and prioritising your customer ledger and chasing outstanding invoices due from customers via phone and e-mail
- Preparing weekly consolidated invoices and taking card payments
- Responding to high volumes of queries from customers on invoices received primarily by e-mail
- Collaborating with staff in other departments to investigate and resolve varied and sometimes complex incoming finance queries
- Providing copy invoices and/or statements to customers if requested
- Providing regular debtor and payment updates on ledger for FD, aged debt reporting and/or meetings as required
Key requirements for the Credit Controller:
- Previous experience in a similar credit control role
- Experience of complex reconciliations
- A willingness to learn and try new things
- A high standard of verbal and written communication
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Intermediate excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables)
- Organised in your approach to tasks and able to prioritise effectively
- Confident and professional when communicating with customers
- Display a high standard of work and demonstrate ownership of tasks, meeting deadlines and goals assigned to you
- A team player and flexible in your approach
- Have drive, pace and energy to make things happen
- Enjoy a less typical and more in-depth credit control role with a strong emphasis on problem solving and query resolution.
If you are interested in this Credit Control position and feel your experience matches the criteria then please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Andrew Davison.
Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the North West of England. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.