Partnership Tax Accountant
I am delighted to be partnering with a leading Law Firm as they look to appoint a Partnership Tax Accountant in what is a newly created role.
Are you an experienced Tax Accountant with a background in professional services, eager to step into a senior role within a dynamic and growing Finance team? Here’s your chance to become a vital part of our esteemed, well established law firm with a national presence.
The position of Partnership Tax Accountant is available on either a Part-time or Full-time basis, based in Manchester and working with a Hybrid model.
Our firm, recognized in the Legal 500, Chambers, and accredited by Investors in People, has been on a continuous growth journey. With around 110 fixed and full equity partners, we take pride in our commitment to excellence and providing a rewarding work environment.
As a Partnership Tax Accountant, you will play a crucial role in managing Partners’ drawings and tax affairs, advising key stakeholders, and contributing to the firm’s ongoing success. Your responsibilities include maintaining partner accounting records, overseeing partner capital funding, collaborating on partner remuneration projects, and managing partner tax matters.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records of the balances due to and from each partner, partner statements and distribution schedules
- Preparation of annual drawings schedules, to reflect revised fixed share profits, and ad-hoc changes throughout the year
- Preparation and reconciliation of the firmwide capital and current accounts’, for audit and liaising with the auditors
- Meeting with new partners to explain remuneration, tax reserving and capital procedures and methodologies
- Organising partners to supply the required information for capital loans and partner tax
- Liaising with the firm’s bankers to resolve queries on partner capital loans
- Liaising with the firm’s Head of Accounts, to ensure accurate partner drawings and distribution payments
- Overseeing partner remuneration related cash flow forecasts
- Tax forecasting
- Liaising with external tax advisors and other relevant parties on partner taxation matters
- overseeing the partners’ annual individual tax return submission process
- Accounting or partnership tax experience either within Practice or a Law Firm
- Qualification from a recognized accountancy or tax body (ACA, ACCA, ATT, or similar).
- Professional experience in a law firm or professional services/LLP environment.
- Proven ability to handle confidential matters in a senior management/accounting setting.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient in IT skills.
Joining our team comes with numerous perks, including a minimum of 25 days’ annual leave, early finish Fridays charitable workdays, sports teams, hobby clubs, social events, access to Employee Assistance Programme, and annual promotions open to all staff.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of this success story, contact Martin Parr today. Don’t miss this opportunity to elevate your career in a collaborative and prestigious law firm. Apply now and be a key player in our continued success!