Excellent opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to join a leading professional services business in Southampton.
The role is varied and as such, you will have significant responsibility in spotting trends, providing commentary to support your findings in your reporting. You will also be involved in the following:
- Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts and draft commentary.
- Responsible for income recognition calculations for WIP/AROC on a monthly basis.
- Production of balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of all control accounts on a regular basis.
- Reconciliation of inter-company accounts on a monthly basis.
- Provide cover for monthly inter-company invoicing.
- Detailed variance analysis of people related costs including reporting on resource deployment within the firm to cover Members, Employees, Contractors, Outsourced Resource and Temporary Resource, and reconciling the same to HR system records.
- Assist with the production of the firm’s annual budget and forecasts.
- Maintain and update all of the firm’s budget models.
- Produce monthly expenditure and head count reports for budget holders.
- Assist with the preparation of weekly and monthly cash flow reports.
- Produce variance analysis of cash flows.
- Produce analysis of debt: equity gearing.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the production of all statutory accounts.
- Responsibility for the preparation of all P&L supporting schedules.
- Responsibility for the preparation of all Balance Sheet supporting schedules.
The ideally applicant will be a Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA) and experienced across month end and year end accounting. You will be analytically strong and comfortable building reports in Excel.
For further information on this role please forward your CV to Martin today. Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.