Group Reporting Accountant
Role: Financial Reporting Accountant
Location: Liverpool (hybrid)
Salary £45,000 – £55,000
Comprehensive benefits package including; healthcare, insurance, gym membership etc
Medlock Partners are delighted to be partnering our client, a large UK business based in the Liverpool area, as they look to appoint an ambitious Group Financial Reporting Accountant in a newly created role.
Reporting to the Head Of Financial Reporting, the Financial Reporting Accountant will be responsible for the internal and external financial reporting process, preparing the annual group and statutory accounts for the main group and it’s subsidiary’s.
In addition to the group and financial reporting cycle, the Group Financial Reporting Accountant will immerse themselves in several adhoc projects across the business, working closely with Senior Management Team and internal/external stakeholders.
- Support the Group Financial Reporting Manager in planning, coordinating and project managing the half-year and year-end close processes, including reporting from divisional finance managers and interaction with tax, treasury and other colleagues
- Prepare the annual Group and subsidiary statutory accounts (FRS 102) and assist with the preparation of half year and year-end investor materials, including financial reports and presentations.
- Support day-to-day requirements of the external auditor, including coordination of information provision by colleagues
- Undertake research and analysis to support accounting judgements.
- Work alongside the Group Financial Reporting Manager and Group Financial Controller in the preparation of the monthly board report to shareholders, including the coordination of and response to reviews by the Group CEO and Group CFO
- Support bi-annual updates to the Financial Model and help coordinate reviews by the CFO and other senior colleagues and shareholders
- Support the Group Financial Reporting Manager, Group Financial Controller or CFO with ad hoc financial / corporate projects; these might include, for example, preparations for listed debt, acquisitions, changes of accounting standards (e.g FRS 102 lease accounting / UK GAAP to IFRS), climate change related projects etc
- Work alongside the Group Financial Reporting Manager, and others as appropriate, to ensure the delivery of important projects involving, or led by, other members of the wider Group Finance team or other teams through effective project management; such projects might include, for example, those intended to deliver process / procedural improvements
- On an ad hoc basis, take ownership of individual projects within the area of systems and process development, working with internal colleagues and external specialists to see these through to successful implementation
- Assist with preparation and delivery of an annual accounting/other relevant topics update to the Group’s finance teams (central and divisional)
- ACA/ACCA Qualified, ideally 1st/2nd time move from practice
- Knowledge of UK GAAP; knowledge/awareness of IFRS would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to engage with colleagues at all levels
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified ACA/ACCA finance professional, ideally from audit/practice background with a passion for financial reporting and robust financial controls.
You will enjoy a full and diverse remit that will enable you to develop as a finance professional, offering career progression and a structured career pathway.
Our client offers a fantastic platform for an enthusiastic finance professional to work closely with a high calibre finance team, offering full exposure to the senior management team from the outset.
You will enjoy a pleasant working environment in one of the UK’s leading organisations, who continue to grow through investment, innovation and diversification.